Essence of Counseling
Counseling, Therapy, or Psychotherapy is the process of meeting with a therapist to resolve problematic behaviors, thoughts, beliefs, feelings, relationship issues, and/or psychosomatic responses (sensations in the body). It falls under the umbrella term ‘talking therapies’ and allows people a confidential discussion of their problems in a safe, judgment-free space facilitating self- exploration. During a session, you will be encouraged to talk about your problem, for a deep understanding of root causes, and identify your patterns in thinking and behavior. A plan of action and a number of goals will be mutually decided and then be created to either help you reconcile your issues or help you to find ways of coping. Counseling is a process, it requires more than just one session to effectively solve the problem. However, The Mind Essentials is committed to ensuring empowerment to clients, to facilitate them to be their own therapist.
How can counseling help?
- It offers a safe and confidential environment to speak.
- It offers the freedom to explore thoughts with an unbiased professional.
- It offers temporary and permanent relief from grief, distress, and similar emotions.
- It Offers insight building skills.
- It offers an immediate breakthrough in some cases.
- It offers tools to be self-reliant and solve problems independently.
- It Offers navigation of thoughts through difficult times.
- it offers to prime for “thought stopping” and to combat overthinking.
- It helps identify and break faulty patterns of thoughts and behavior.
- It helps bring about clarity of problem and solution.
- Helps interpret the words or actions of others
- Helps in the treatment of Common Mental Health Concerns